Competition shedule and results
The World DanceSport Games
Born out of the VISION of an all-encompassing DanceSport, the WDSF-proprietary World DanceSport Games unite the different forms and styles of dance in a multi-disciplinary event that features top-level competition alongside with cultural programmes, galas and celebrations.
The WDSF World DanceSport Games bring together the international elites of the disciplines on their competition programme.
The WDSF World DanceSport Games promote the particular values of dance as sport through contests at the highest international level as well as through participatory programmes for the general public.
The WDSF World DanceSport Games bring out the common traits between the disciplines falling under the label "DanceSport." To achieve this, the contests are staged concurrently and joint galas are performed.
Kaohsiung in southwestern Taiwan was the acclaimed host city of The World Games 2009. "The best games ever", pronounced International World Games Association President Ron Froehlich during the spectacular closing ceremony.
During these games, DanceSport was very well received by the people of Kaohsiung, with historic sell-outs recorded for the Latin, Rock 'n' Roll and Standard competitions in the fabulous Kaohsiung Arena. Read up on the exploits of DanceSport in The World Games 2009 here.
Now the port city sets out to host the WDSF World DanceSport Games in 2013. "Dance sport was one of the highlights in the World Games 2009 in Kaohsiung, which drew more than 15,000 spectators. Next year, the city will step up efforts and invite people from around the country to enjoy more advanced and breathtaking dancing skills in a world-class competition," Kaohsiung Mayor Chen Chu said upon formalising the city's appointment as official host.
"We are endeavouring to bring Kaohsiung to the international community as a city with a sporting image, convenient transportation system, optimal venues and a group of enthusiastic people," Chen added.
For the competitions schedule see the competition section
|Date||Time||Arena Plaza||Dadong Arts Center|
|Monday 16th||14:00 - 14:45||Latin and Standard|
|16:00 - 17:00||Zumba|
|17:00 - 18:00||Latin and Standard|
|Tuesday 17th||10:00 - 11:00||Boogie Woogie||Hip-Hop|
|11:00 - 12:00||Line Dance|
|13:00 - 13:45||Latin and Standard||Boogie Woogie|
|16:00 - 17:00||Zumba||Latin and Standard|
|18:30 - 19:30||Hip-Hop||Zumba|
|Wednesday 18th||10:00 - 11:00||Latin and Standard|
|11:00 - 12:00||Salsa|
|12:30 - 13:15||Cheerleading|
|13:00 - 14:00||Boogie Woogie|
|15:45 - 16:45||Line Dance|
|16:00 - 17:00||Latin and Standard|
|18:00 - 19:00||Cheerleading|
|19:00 - 20:00||Zumba|
|Thursday 19th||10:00 - 11:00||Hip-Hop|
|11:00 - 12:00||Latin and Standard|
|12:00 - 12:45||Zumba|
|14:00 - 14:45||Cheerleading|
|15:30 - 16:15||Hip-Hop|
|16:00 - 17:00||Zumba|
|18:00 - 19:00||Salsa|
|19:00 - 20:00||Zumba||Boogie Woogie|
|Friday 20th||10:00 - 11:00||Hip-Hop|
|12:00 - 13:00||Salsa|
|Long Table||Section A||Section B||Section C||Eligibility||How to Purchase|
|Day Pass||5,000||1,000||600||300||Adult||Convenient Stores/Fax/Internet|
|Group Ticket||4,500||900||540||270||Group over 10 people||Fax|
|Student Ticket||4,500||900||540||270||Students below 12||Fax|
|Senior Ticket||4,500||900||540||270||Citizens over 65||Fax|
|WDSG volunteer||4,500||900||540||270||Limit 2 tickets per person||Fax|
All prices in New Taiwan Dollar (NTD)
- Foreign passport holders can purchase tickets by credit card order forms and fax orders to +886-7-7805353. A confirmation letter will be forwarded after the purchase process is completed. To pick up the tickets, please show the confirmation letter and passport to the ticket office at the Kaohsiung Arena.
- 5-Day Package Ticket: 20% off the full-price ticket. Applicable to all areas and please purchase on the website or by fax.
- Early Bird Special (purchase before August 10): 10% off the full-price ticket.
- Discount tickets cannot be combined with other discounts except Early Bird Discount.
- 36 seats are reserved for the disabled in section B everyday. During the Wheelchair competition (September 19); an extra of 23 seats are reserved for the disabled in the long table area. The price of these extra seats is NTD 1,200. The availability of the extra seats depends on the tickets sale on September 1.
- One seat per ticket. Tickets are required for children entering the venue with their parents and occupying seats.
- For Day Pass ticket, no seats but only area is assigned. Tickets are also for the prize drawing. Please visit the official website for more information of the drawing.
- For group tickets, special-priced tickets, and tickets for special groups, please contact Kham Ticket System (TEL: +886-7-780-9900) for the Fax Request Form and purchased by credit card through fax.
- Related tickets information
- Fax Request Form
- Tickets Refund or Change Form
- Tickets Refund or Change Notice
Long table chart
Contacts and Addresses
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
Address: No. 9, Hangzhan S. Rd., Dayuan Township, Taoyuan County 33758, Taiwan R.O.C.
Terminal 1 Service Counter: +886-3-398-2143
Terminal 2 Service Counter: +886-3-398-3274
Taiwan Kaohsiung International Airport
Address: No.2, Jhongshan 4th Rd., Siaogang District, Kaohsiung City 81252, Taiwan
Information toll-free：0800-090108 (local call only)
Taiwan High Speed Rail - Taoyuan Station
Address: No.6, Sec. 1, Gaotie N. Rd., Zhongli City, Taoyuan County, Taiwan R.O.C.
Taiwan High Speed Rail - Zuoying Station
Address: No.105, Gaotie Rd., Zuoying Dist., Kaohsiung City, Taiwan R.O.C.
Kaohsiung Rapid Transport
Howard Plaza Hotel
85 Sky Tower Hotel
Han-Hsien International Hotel
Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital of the C.G.M.F
Address: 123, TA-PEI RD., NIAO-SUNG HSIANG, KAOHSIUNG HSIEN, TAIWAN, R.O.C.
Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital
Address:386 Ta-Chung 1st Rd., Kaohsiung, Taiwan 81362, R.O.C.
Kaohsiung Medical University Chung-Ho Memorial Hospital
Address: No.100 , Tzyou 1st Road Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Terminal 1 Service Counter: +886 7 3121101